Bar Towel News Editor
Black Creek Pioneer Village, Torontos premier living history museum, is presenting their 2nd annual Black Creek Brews Fest on September 6 and 7, 2008. This unique event connects Ontario’s rich brewing history with today’s growing craft brewer industry all in a family-friendly setting.
– Meet the brewers and sample their wares: some of Ontario’s finest craft brewers such as Great Lakes Brewery, Steam Whistle Brewery, Black Oak Brewery, Neustadt Brewery, Scotch Irish Brewery, Magnotta Brewery, and others, will be there.
– Lunch with Stephen Beaumont: three courses accompanied by three beers introduced by world-renowned beer expert, and Toronto resident, Stephen Beaumont.
– Cheese Pairing: Julia Rogers gives tastings of local cheeses with local micro beers.
– The “Making of Beer” Walking Tour with Roger Mittag, Canadas “professor of beer.”
– Tutored tastings with Mirella Amato of the Beer Lovers Tour Company.
Beer memorabilia from the Brewrianists Society; music workshop: “Songs of Drunkenness and Temperance;” coopering the barrel-making demonstration; food cooked with beer (all with suggested beer pairings), corn-on-the-cob cooked in a 1870s Steam Engine cooker, and lots more.
Tanglefoot, the Sky Diggers, Freshwater Trade, the Creaking Strings Quartet, and more.
The contest is now CLOSED. Thanks to all who entered.
Black Creek Pioneer Village has provided the Bar Towel with six free pairs of tickets good for admission on either day of the Black Creek Brews Fest.
For your chance to win, simply send an email with email@example.com with “BREWS FEST CONTEST ENTRY” in the Subject line, and your full name in the body of the email.
Winners will be chosen at random next Thursday, September 4th and notified via email. Winners’ names will be on the guest list with a ‘+1’ at the Black Creek box office. Good luck!