Bar Towel News Editor
There are a few new imports on the shelves (or soon to be) at the LCBO and The Beer Store – here’s a quick round-up:
- Carlsberg is now available in Canada as an imported version for the first time in 40 years. Brewed domestically by Moosehead/McAuslan for the past 4 years, and by Labatt and Carling O’Keefe in the years prior, this month will see the Danish version arriving here in distinctive green bottles and other formats.
- Originally released here last fall but getting a big push now for the spring and summer months, Grolsch Premium Blond is a 4% lager available in 500 ml cans exclusively at the LCBO.
- Several beers in the long-anticipated US micros release will be arriving at the LCBO this month, with all but one being new year-round general list items:
- Sam Adams Summer Ale ($12.65 / 6×355 ml) – one-time release
- Anchor Steam ($10.35 / 6×355 ml)
- Rogue Dead Guy Ale ($13.95 / 6×355 ml)
- Southern Tier IPA ($12.00 / 6×355 ml)
These will be joined by Dogfish Head 60-Minute IPA later this year.
- Also coming soon to the LCBO are the following, all available initially as one-off releases, but with the potential for becoming general list products:
- Ursus Premium (LCBO 74450) – from Romania
- Cisk Lager (LCBO 71316) – from Malta
- Nektar Pivo (LCBO 75309) – from Bosnia
- Mahou Cinco Estrellas (LCBO 75275) – from Spain
- Keo Pils (LCBO 350918) – from Cyprus
- Yanjing Beer (LCBO 77974) – from China
- Ochakovo Premium (LCBO 70920) – from Russia