beerbistro‘s newsletter for Spring 2007 was recently sent out, and it features information about a ton of upcoming events, as well as recent changes at the restaurant. The full newsletter can be found on the Events page at their website, but for those with short attention spans, here’s a point-form condensed version:
- Stephen Beaumont will be teaching Beer School on Tuesday May 8th (“Wild About Wheats!”) and Tuesday May 15th (“Hooray for Hops!”).
- They will be hosting a Bourbon Dinner on Friday May 11th in conjunction with the Spirit of Toronto whiskey gala taking place the following evening at Roy Thomson Hall.
- They are now open for brunch starting at 10:30 AM on Sundays, and are also staying open later – until 11:00 PM – on Sunday nights.
- The American Beer & Barbeque Fest will be running from July 4th to 29th, featuring beers from Bells Brewery, Lost Abbey Brewery, Jolly Pumpkin, New Holland Brewing Co., Brooklyn Brewery, Sierra Nevada and Anchor paired with tasty barbeque specialties. The highlight of the fest will be a dinner on July 10th hosted by American beer & food author Lucy Saunders.
- On October 15th, Sam Calagione of Dogfish Head will be hosting a special beer dinner. More info to be announced soon.
And while it’s not mentioned in the newsletter, you’ll probably also want to know that the 5th Annual Golden Tap Awards will be taking place at beerbistro on Saturday, August 18th. Save the date!